Thursday, March 27, 2014

Love This One!

I spent 4 months in Islamabad after having to leave Lahore due to some threats to the Consulate and staff.  While in Islamabad, there was a bazaar and about 100 vendors came to the Embassy to sell their wares. It was like being in Disneyland!!  I flipped out when I saw the carpets...about 5 vendors there. I was like a kid in a candy store!  I saw a rug and talked to the guy about it for quite a while.  I just couldn't make up  my mind and felt I already had enough carpets. So I didn't buy it. 

A week later, a friend wanted to go see the same carpet guy in his shop so I went and what luck...he recognized me and walked over to a carpet and unrolled it.  It was the same carpet!! Serendipity!!!  As is usually the case, they started unrolling carpets for me and my friend. OMG...so many gorgeous carpets!  I bought this one with an even deeper discount than he was offering me at the bazaar. I was bad...I even bought another one. More on that in another posting.  Nice, huh?


#24

No comments:

Post a Comment