Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bakhtiyar Qum from Kashmir

Qum rugs are gorgeous.  The detail is intricate and you can spot one a mile away.  Well, i can.  This beautiful brown rug that I think looks like lots of doors was bought in Muscat, Oman.  Sheikh would always give me a good deal and he knew just what I liked.  It is silk on silk, many knots per inch (which is what you want...lots and lots of knots!) and is 4'x6'. This was the beginning of my love of silk rugs.  


The thing I like is that Oman is known for their antique doors.  They make gorgeous tables out of the doors. I couldn't snag a door table but this rug will remind me of their beauty for years to come.

UPDATE:  It's time to make hard decisions on my rugs.  Time to part with a few. This is one of the finest silk rugs made, Qum.  It is well worth $6000 but it's time to deal.  If you are interested, email me at debidemetrion@gmail.com.  


#5

No comments:

Post a Comment