Monday, March 24, 2014

Lahore Carpet Manufacturing Co. Carpet

While in Lahore, Pakistan, several of us visited the Lahore Carpet Manufacturing Co.  This place was amazing...and huge. I learned so much about carpet making! I wrote extensively about it on my blog, www.atexgal.blogspot.com.  Search on the right hand side for the blog archive and go to August 2012 for "Hand Knotted Carpets 101."  Very interesting!

After our tour, we went into his showroom and had the opportunity to buy what we wanted for a very nice discount. This place was about half the size of a football field...and I'm talking just the showroom! For at least an hour we all wandered around looking at all kinds of carpets.  I settled on the one below. It's very detailed and I loved the part of the design that looked like snakes. Not sure why that appealed to me since I hate snakes.  But...maybe in a rug, they don't look so bad. It is 6'x9' and on my invoice, the design is called Avari.  It's hand knotted wool on cotton.


#17

No comments:

Post a Comment