Saturday, March 22, 2014

Collections...things I just couldn't leave behind

We are all tempted on a daily basis.  Whether we give in to temptations depends on our situation in life.  Sometimes it's a new dress, a big piece of chocolate cake or whether to redecorate.  This list of temptations we all face is limitless.

However, for me, I've been faced with some of my greatest temptations over the past 6 years.  Seven years ago I decided to join the Foreign Service.  The allure of new challenges, meeting new people and being exposed to life around the world was a temptation I just couldn't resist.  This chapter of my life will end in June, 2014 when I retire.  

This blog is the result of many of my friends wanting to see just what all I've failed to resist the temptation to buy, specifically carpets.  Oh, there have been many other things I've seen and failed to leave the shop without and those will be included.  And as my life proceeds forward and I resume my life in Fort Worth, Texas, I'll be adding to this blog.  There's so much to re-establishing life in the states after living and traveling the world for 6+ years. 

For me, this is my way of sharing my joy of surrounding myself with memories of my travels.  My new home will reflect where I've been and my love of diverse cultures and color.

For a larger view with better detail, click on any photo posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment