Sunday, March 30, 2014

Woven Cotton...Washable??

Every once in a while, I would come across a carpet, very cheap, that I really liked.  This is one of them.  It is made of cotton and is woven.  I loved the colors and figured I would always have a little hallway for it.  Or the laundry room!  And cleaning it is so easy!  I've already cleaned it.  I put it in the bathtub with a little Woolite and cold water.  I then stood in the tub, marching back and forth to create the agitation.  And voila!  It was clean.  I put it in the dryer (yes...the dryer!) on air only and it came out looking like new.  This is the kind of rug that could go near the front door to 'collect' the dirt from shoes.  

I may take a lesson from family and friends in Hawaii who remove their shoes when entering homes. That way, my friends can feel the luxury of the carpets on their feet and not deposit the dirt from their shoes!


#19

No comments:

Post a Comment