Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kashmir Silk

I love the beauty of rugs in neutral colors.  They will always stand out but in the browns/beiges/navys they can also fit in anywhere.  Just about every time I've considered buying a rug, I've thought of the overall likability of it, just because I won't be the only owner of these rugs.  My kids will get them when I move on, so I try to keep that in the back of my mind when deciding to buy. But hey...if they don't like them, they can always sell them, right?  So all my carpets are loved by me as well as considered investments.

I love this one.  The blue in it doesn't show up too much in this photograph but it's there, and it's beautiful.  It's 4'x6', silk on silk and from the Kashmir region.  And see that little calculator in the picture?  I always had it with me to convert Omani Rials or Pakistani Rupees or whatever currency into dollars. You absolutely must know what you're paying for rugs. And as you can see by rugs laying everywhere, you do have to look at lots before you see just the right one!


No comments:

Post a Comment